Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Several ideas and costumes later, Eli decided that she wanted to be a butterfly. Thankfully, it was in just enough time for her godmother, Mitze, to fashion some spectacular homemade wings (and send them in the mail in time for Trick-0r-Treating. Thank you Aunt Mitze!).
Eli spent the evening with her friend, Claire, and they trick-or-treated in Claire's old neighborhood, which is right up the road from us. They made out like bandits. Claire's mommy, Michelle, was unable to join in the festivities as the day before she welcomed Claire's baby brother to the world. Welcome, Cade!
(I know, I know, I still haven't made good on my promise to update the other stories. If you're curious about the ER story (Melissa): Eli suffered from nursemaid elbow, which precipitated from wrestling with me because she didn't want me to wipe her nose. I knew there was a problem when she wasn't moving her left arm ... and the loud popping noise. But, Dr. Pat in the ER was familiar with the ailment, fixed her up, and off we went ... less than 30 minutes in the ER. Can you believe it?)
More later.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Less than 30 min. in the ER? I DON'T believe it!! I love your little butterfly!!

Tara said...

Miss you guys!!! Love Eli's Halloween Costume....Sorry to hear about the ER visit Sharon! Can't wait until our next vacation together!!!!

BBQ Buddies

BBQ Buddies

Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs