Saturday, November 15, 2008

The ER

At long last ... the dreaded pictures of the ER. So, a simple attempt to wipe Eli's nose turned into her suffering from "Nursemaid Elbow." Basically she couldn't move ther right arm because I accidently dislocated a really important piece of loose cartilage that holds the major arm bones together. My bad.
So, as I described earlier, the ER visit in its entirety was less than 30 minutes, the doctor fixed her right up, and I was not arrested by the police or questioned by social services. Unfortunately, I didn't have the wherewithal to take a photo while she was in triage or on the gurney, but I did snap a few shots with my camera phone as she and Stephen were in the waiting room after the entire incident and I was still filling out paperwork. And as we were leaving the hospital. Doesn't she appear to be fine? (Notice the bandaid that early on we thought might fix the problem. Along with a bag of ice.)
She apparently still remembers the ordeal, as there are times when we are wrestling that she says, "Be careful Mommy, don't break my arm again" or "I don't want to go back to the doctor because you hurt my arm, Mommy." What other words would a mother want to hear?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awwww. Poor Eli. Don't worry Mommy Sharon. Accidents happen all the time. In a few years she won't remember it at all.

BBQ Buddies

BBQ Buddies

Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs