Saturday, November 22, 2008

Guest blogger - Aunt Jenine


Sharon is forcing me to be a "guest blogger," basically because I just heated up a slice of pizza for her and she is now too busy to blog herself. I am not really Eli's aunt, but am proud to pretend to be, as she is the cutest kid ever in my totally unbiased opinion. Eli is so well-behaved that I am convinced Sharon hired an adult actor to play the role of a child this weekend. We were walking down the street, and Eli noticed one of those coin-operated rides on the sidewalk. We put her on it after she said she wanted a ride. The thing started up like the Concord and Eli got scared. Did she cry like a normal kid? No. She just put on a face of mild annoyance until we finally noticed she was miserable and took her off the ride. She is such a good sport.

Eli is definitely her mother's daughter. She glares at me when I do something wrong, then erases the damage with what I like to call the "Bhagwandin sass," which consists of an adorable shoulder shrug and how-could-you-not-love-me smile. OK, you got me, Eli! I will play the casio keyboard with you for four hours straight!

She's also a smart little cookie. After we told her lights out and said we wouldn't put the lamp on for her, she just turned it on by herself with no instruction. Like she purchased and assembled the lamp herself.

I sort of wish she was my roommate. I hope Eli will come back to NY soon and visit me and bring her mom with her, too.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great time!! You look great Jenine. Hope you are well. P.S. Love the Bhagwandin Sass. ;-)

BBQ Buddies

BBQ Buddies

Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs